Police Officer Recruitment
We are currently accepting applications through March 2, 2018. Please visit the Employment Opportunities page to access the application.
Minimum Qualifications for Police Officers
- Must be at least 21 years of age & be in excellent physical condition.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain a valid Oklahoma State Driver's License.
- Must possess an excellent history of personal conduct, behavior and employment & have no felony convictions.
- Must possess basic computer knowledge.
- Must be able to learn modern approved principles, practices & procedures of police work.
- Must have a high level of intelligence and emotional stability, decision making and leadership skills.
- Must be able to maintain information confidentially, have tact and diplomacy and the ability to deal with stressful, hostile or irrational persons/situations.
- Must be able to pass the written, physical agility, psychological & polygraph examinations.
- You must have successfully completed ONE of the following by May 31, 2018:
- 30 or more hours of college credit hours with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Completed a minimum of 15 hours of college credit with a GPA of 2.0 or higher AND two years prior police experience. (Law enforcement experience must have been on a full-time basis. Part-time or reserve status does not apply towards experience. Military experience will not be considered as police experience.)
- Completed a minimum of 15 hours of college credit with a GPA of 2.0 or higher and four years prior active duty military experience with a discharge under honorable conditions.
- Completed a minimum of 15 hours of college credit with a GPA of 2.0 or higher and four years experience as an Edmond Police Department Jailer.