Edmond Transfer Station Information
You've been doing your spring cleaning, and now you have large or bulky items (appliances, sofas, mattresses, or tree limbs) to dispose of, and they won't fit in your collection cart. To dispose of these large items you can take them to the Edmond Transfer Station.
As the name implies, the facility is one where solid waste is transferred from the regular collection trucks and combined into large semi-trailer trucks to reduce the cost of transportation to the landfills for disposal. The Edmond Transfer Station is privately owned and operated. Edmond Public Works Authority (Solid Waste Services) is the primary user, but the transfer facility is open for use by others and offers a discounted rate for Edmond residents.
How it Works
This service is a convenient, drive up and drop off system. By dropping off the items, you save half of the cost of having the items picked up through the monthly bulk-collection service. Construction debris such as cement, rock and dirt will not be accepted due to the damage it causes to the collection/hauling equipment.
Discarded appliances are recycled as scrap metal:
- Compressors must be removed from refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners to show that Freon or coolants have been removed before landfill operators will accept them. Units must be tagged/certified by a licensed technician to show that Freon or coolants have been removed properly.
- Special Precaution: United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requires all refrigerates (coolants, Freon, etc.) to be evacuated and captured before refrigerators, freezers, or air conditioners can be disposed of. This requirement protects the environment from coolant agent release to the atmosphere which damages the ozone layer.
- A completed Verification of Proper Removal of CFC-Refrigerant Form must be completed and presented with the appliance when disposing at the transfer station.
Discounted Fees for Edmond Residents
Discounted fee schedule for Edmond residents as of February 1, 2013. You must bring your driver's license and a recent City of Edmond solid waste utility bill with proof of Edmond residency to receive the discounted rate.
- $5 minimum for up to half of a pickup load
- $12 for half of a pickup load
- $17 for a full pickup load
- $22 for a small (single axel) trailer load
- $40/Ton plus fees for a large (double+ axle) trailer load
Methods of Payment
The facility is open from 8 am - 5 pm, Monday through Friday, and 8 am - 12 pm on Saturday. The cutoff for drop offs is 30 minutes before closing time. If you have questions or problems concerning Bulk Drop-off, call the Edmond Transfer Station at (405) 216-9401.