Edmond City Council recently approved amendments to the Title 22 Zoning Ordinance that will be enacted on January 1, 2018. Please see below for links to the current and updated ordinance.
- Current Title 22 standards (effective until December 31, 2017)
- Accepted changes to Title 22, revisions shown
- Accepted changes to Title 22, updated language only (effective on January 1, 2018)
Highlighted Changes to Title 22
This list is not comprehensive and only highlights some of the most significant changes within the code that will be enacted on January 1, 2018.
- New requirements for qualified professionals
- Tree resource evaluations now required for certain zoning and site plan applications
- Updates to parking area landscaping
- Changes to site landscaping standards and the I 35 District standards
Site Plan/Zoning Applications
- Landscape Site Plan Application – Use this application as a checklist to make sure you submit all required information with your landscape plan
- Required Landscaping Calculator – Calculate landscape area and plant unit requirements using this automated spreadsheet
- Approved Professionals - Title 22 updates include professional requirements for individuals designing landscape plans, performing tree resource evaluations, and preparing tree preservation plans. - Apply to become “Alternatively Qualified” - View public listings of approved professionals
• COMING SOON: Building Permits and Landscapes – In order to provide better guidance during the construction process, Urban Forestry will soon implement a new process for communicating with applicants throughout the duration of their projects. Check back soon to learn more about this process and the stages of landscape inspection.
• Tips for Passing Landscape Inspections
COMING SOON - Edmond Tree and Landscape Guide
This supporting document to Title 22 landscape requirements will include information to help applicants effectively navigate the site plan, zoning application, tree preservation and landscape installation processes with ease. The guide will be released prior to ordinance implementation. Until that time, please reference the Edmond Tree Preservation Guide for tree preservation guidelines.