Future Construction Projects

The following projects are under constant review and may be moved up or down in the scheduling depending on availability of funding and local priorities.


Phase 2, Intelligent Transportation System on Broadway, Danforth, Covell, and Santa Fe 
This project consists of installing fiber optic cable and replacing the traffic signal
cabinets and controllers and associated signal equipment at 26 intersections on Broadway - 9th to Comfort, Danforth – Boulevard to Sherry, Santa Fe – Covell to Danforth and Covell – Broadway to Marilyn Williams in order to bring them into compliance with the National Transportation Communication for Intelligent Transportation System Protocol (NTCIP) standards. These intersections will connect to the Traffic Management Center via fiber optics and wireless communication network. 
This project was awarded by the Oklahoma Department of Transportation to Traffic Signals Inc in the amount of $6,751,535.68. The contract is for 375 calendar days and work will begin by February 4, 2019. The City received 80% Federal funds with the remaining 20% City funds.  

2nd and Bryant 
This project consists of adding dual left turn lanes for all four directions as well as a single right turn lane for all four directions. New signal lights will be included. This project is part of the 2000 Sales Tax Improvements. This project is currently in the appraisal and acquisition phase. Once that is complete utilities that are in conflict with the project will be relocated. 

The estimated construction cost is $1,200,000. The City will fund this project with 100% City funds. The anticipated start date is Summer/Fall 2019. 

2nd and Boulevard 
This project will widen the northbound direction to include a left turn lane, two through lanes, and a right turn lane while the southbound direction will be widened to include two left turn lanes, two through lanes, and a right turn lane. New signal light will be included.

The estimated construction cost is $2,027,300.24. The City will fund this project with 100% City funds. The anticipated start date is Spring 2020.

Covell, Griffin to Fairfax

This project will widen Covell to provide for a four lane divided roadway. There will be left turn lanes at all side streets. Covell will also include street lighting and 10 foot wide multi-use paths/sidewalks.  There are also several retaining walls that will be constructed. Easement are currently being purchased from land owners. Utility lines will be relocated in early 2019 with roadway construction anticipated to begin in the fall of 2019.

 The estimated construction cost is $6,865,674. The City will fund this project with 100% City funds.  


Danforth and Kelly
This project will widen the intersection to a four lane divided road with dual left turn lanes and separate right turn lanes. The project extents will be approx 1400 feet east, west and south and 500 feet to the north. 
The estimated cost is $5,509,711. The City will apply for 80% Federal funds with 20% City funds. The anticipated start date is in 2020.

Danforth Widening, Thomas to Fretz
This project will widen Danforth to a five lane roadway with an Eastbound left turn lane into Edmond North High School and an Eastbound left turn lane at Thomas. The project includes a signal light at Danforth and Thomas.

The City will apply for 80% Federal funds with the remaining 20% City funds. Estimated construction cost is $2,822,369. The anticipated start date is in 2021.

Sooner Road Bridge Replacement, 0.6 Miles North of Covell Road 
This project will replace the existing bridge with a four lane bridge with sidewalks on both sides of the bridge and a trail underpass on both ends alongside Coffee Creek to accommodate the trails system. 

The estimated construction cost is $2,975,971. The City will apply for 80% Federal funds with 20% City funds. The anticipated start date is in 2021.

15th and Broadway
This project will evaluate the existing lane capacity to determine where additional lanes are needed. Signal light modifications will accommodate any changes in the lane configurations. This project is part of the 2000 Sales Tax Improvements.

The estimated construction cost is $495,939.00. The funding split is 72% Federal funds and 28% City funds. The anticipated start date is unknown at this time.

33rd Street, Coltrane to I-35
This project consists of widening 33rd Street to provide for a four lane divided roadway with left turn lanes at the side streets. The center median will be landscaped. The project will also include multi-use paths/sidewalks.

This project is part of the 2000 Sales Tax Improvements. The estimated construction cost is $3,911,046.26. The funding split will be 80% Federal funds and 20% City funds. The anticipated start date is unknown at this time.
 
Covell, Santa Fe to West City Limits
This project will widen Covell to provide for a four lane divided roadway. There will be left turn lanes at all side streets. Covell will also include street lighting, bike paths and landscaping. Several new bridge structures will be required at the Santa Fe intersection.

The estimated construction cost is $5,500,000. The City will apply for 80% Federal funds with 20% City funds. The anticipated start date is unknown at this time.